Laminate Countertops in MD, DC, VA and PA
If you’re looking for where to buy laminate countertops in the Maryland, DC, Northern Virginia or Southern PA areas you’re at the right place! At Express, we offer free estimates and a 1-week installation guarantee on all laminate countertops orders. Continue reading to learn more about how a laminate countertop can complement your home’s kitchen or bathroom.
Laminate Countertop Color Samples
The amount of laminate countertop color samples offered may see overwhelming — but there are a few things to consider that can help narrow down your decision:
- Countertops are immediately noticeable – especially if you have laminate countertops. Even before guests notice the words on, say, a sign, they’ll notice your laminate countertop’s color. When someone sees your kitchen or bathroom counters, you want them to have an immediate, positive reaction that will draw them in and make them want to take a closer look.
- Countertops say a lot about you – It pays to carefully pick out every single aspect of your home’s design because each one speaks to your personality and taste. This is especially true of countertop colors because you can use different shades and hues to subtly tell your guests what your home means to you.
- Countertop colors can affect mood – Just about any color that you can possibly think of affects a person’s mood in some way. From encouraging a relaxed state to making a person think of cheerful and happy thoughts, color has a lot of influence over how a person thinks and feels. Its presence is felt even though it’s something that many people don’t think about.
Choosing the Right Laminate Countertop Color
Whether you’re looking for laminate bathroom countertops or laminate kitchen counters, having the right color in place goes a long way.
|Color||What It Means|
|Blue||Calm, Relaxation, Increased Productivity|
|Red||Excitement, Increased Activity|
|Green||Health, Nature, and Relaxation|
|Yellow||Fun, Happiness, Feelings of Contentment|
|Orange||Excitement, Warmth and Energy|
|Purple||Luxury and Sophistication|
These are some of the basic, most widely used laminate countertop colors. When used correctly, the possibilities are endless.
Finding Affordable Laminate Countertops That Suit Your Needs
The price to install laminate countertops can vary significantly on the type of laminate chosen. Most laminate that’s used for kitchen and bathroom countertops is typically priced anywhere from $5 to $20 per square foot. Spending more money will get you a laminate countertop with a more elegant surface design, custom edging, and greater durability.
The beauty of laminate countertops is that you can always upgrade their look in the future with simple resurfacing. This means that you can save now with a basic laminate countertop style and upgrade later to something more ornate.
Why Order Laminate Countertops?
Laminate Countertops are the most popular countertop material available on the market today. Laminate bathroom and kitchen countertops are extremely easy to clean, and require very little maintenance. For those who are on a tight budget, the choice of laminate counters is a very economical decision, plus laminate countertops come in an endless plethora of high-quality colors, designs, patterns and finishes. They also have a great cost to durability ratio. One of the few drawbacks of laminate countertops are that they, unfortunately, lack the unique beauty found only in natural stone. Overall though, they are a very strong choice.
What Is Laminate Made From?
Laminate is made of a synthetic material composed of several layers of high-quality craft paper. Craft paper is similar to the material that grocery bags are made out of. Solid-color laminate countertops are slightly more expensive because they’re made of a solid-colored plastic and do not have particularly dark edges.
|LAMINATE COUNTERS PROS||LAMINATE COUNTERS CONS|
|Limitless variety of color and design.||The multiple layers make it difficult to repair chips and scratches.|
|Can replicate the look of granite, solid surface, hardwood, among others, providing a more upscale look at a cheaper price.||Layers can break apart due to hot items and water seeping into the seams.|
|Requires easy upkeep, and is easy to clean up.||Requires use of cutting boards.|
|Inexpensive, due to reduced labor and less expensive materials compared to other countertop surfaces.||Cannot be cleaned with abrasives|
|Allows for decorative edge treatments.||Seams show and finishing the front edge can be expensive.|
Let’s explore some of the features of laminate countertops and you’ll see why this material is so widespread among local homeowners in your area.
- They’re easy to care for – You lead a busy life, but your countertop’s appearance shouldn’t have to pay the price for your packed schedule. By installing laminate, you can make sure your countertops remain alluring without having to spend all of your time caring for them. Two of the main reasons laminate is such a popular material for countertops is that they are easy to clean and hard to damage. Whenever you find yourself having to deal with a stain or spill, it can be wiped up in mere minutes. Plus, laminate countertops are study enough in their construction that they can easily last you for decades!
- They come in a variety of colors – Whether your bathroom or kitchen makes use of a conservative color palette, or you like to experiment with themes that you don’t normally find, laminate countertops are able to fit your style!
- They have an affordable price – Many people choose laminate countertops for a kitchen or bathroom renovation because they can get a brand new look without draining their entire budget. Discount laminate countertops from manufacturers like Wilsonart Laminates can be yours for far less than you probably think.
- They’re environmentally sound – Homeowners looking to go green can rest easy knowing countertops made from laminate are a low-emitting surfacing product that has received awards from the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute. This special type of surfacing product can be had without having to place a special order or pay a premium over what standard laminate counters cost.
Laminate Countertop Care and Maintenance
Laminate countertops are very durable and relatively easy to maintain. If they are well cared for, they can last for more than 20 years. Some manufacturers of laminate countertops offer up to a 40 year guarantee on their products.
For most spills, a wet cloth and a mild soap should do just fine. When dealing with stubborn stains, a paste made from baking soda and a mild household cleaner will generally take care of the mess. Impact resistance is also a benefit of laminate countertops.
The key to maintaining the quality of your laminate countertops is consistent maintenance. Unfortunately, laminate can easily be scratched as well as scuffed. It is very important that you do not cut on or place anything hot directly onto your laminate countertops. One option that we see homeowners install to help to alleviate this problem, is to inlay a few tiles or some heat-resistant materials within your laminate kitchen countertops. These can particularly be useful near the oven and/or stove. In order to better camouflage scratches and other marks, choose a matte finish.
How to Repair Damaged Laminate Countertops
Do not be discouraged by laminate’s vulnerability to scratches and scuffs. There are new methods of repairing as well as resurfacing damaged laminate countertops. These are done at a much more reasonable price than they were in the past. If your laminate countertop does need to be fixed by a professional, all of the work can be done in just a few hours.
Contact Us About Laminate Countertop Installation
If you would like to discuss the price to install laminate countertops or if you have additional questions, please contact us at Express Countertops. You can call us directly at 410-712-0601 or fill out the form on this page to request your free estimate and have your new countertops installed in 1 week – GUARANTEED!
We carry all types of laminate surface materials from world renowned manufacturers like Avonite, Zodiaq, or anyone else that you can think of.