Discover Your Perfect Kitchen Countertop Materials
Maryland | Northern Virginia | DC | Baltimore | Alexandria
Are you trying to determine the difference between kitchen countertop materials in Maryland, Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Baltimore or Alexandria? Want to know which material functions and looks best in your kitchen? Do you have a strict budget in mind? Let the experts help you!
Our specialty is countertops, which means we not only stock the latest countertop materials, but we also have knowledge of which materials work best in which situations. Hint: expensive doesn’t always equal better. Keep reading and we’ll show you how to decide which countertop material is perfect for your situation.
Deciding Between An Array of Kitchen Countertop Materials
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer variety of countertop material options available. Fortunately, there’s an easy way to navigate the process.
We recommend starting with a budget and list of features you’re looking for in a counter. Examples of features include color, heat resistance, non-scratching, low maintenance etc.
Once you know what you want from a countertop, it’s time to compare kitchen countertops materials to see which work best for you.
Kitchen Countertop Materials Comparison Guide
Read the information below to learn about different kitchen counter materials as well as their cost per square foot. You can use this list to narrow down your options and find the best kitchen countertop material for your home.
- Granite Countertops ($30-$200) are widely considered to be the most beautiful counter option. With infinite natural colorations, no two will ever look the same. They have a high heat tolerance, are resistant to scratches, and can last forever if maintained.
- Laminate Countertops ($5-$20) come in a wide variety of colors and designs, and can even mimic the appearance of other materials. They are inexpensive, easy to maintain and easy to clean. However, they aren’t seamless, and they can scratch and chip, making cutting boards a must.
- Eco Friendly Countertops ($ call for a quote) are built with a large percentage of recycled materials, lowering your carbon footprint. They are nonporous, meaning they perform well against staining, scratching, and heat. They are also easy to maintain since they don’t require sealers.
- Solid Surface Countertops ($ call for a quote) are exactly what they sound like. They are built with a solid seamless surface that can be sanded to remove scratches. They come in wide variety of colors. However, these countertops are vulnerable to scorching and stains.
- Engineered Stone Countertops ($40-$125) or Quartz countertops have the natural beauty of granite, but in an even greater variety of colors. Unlike granite, they don’t require annual sealing, making them easier to maintain. They resist stains as well.
- Marble Countertops ($30-$100) are the most luxurious looking countertops with a sophistication that is second to none. They are heat resistant and are offered in a wide variety of colors and natural patterns. However, they are less dense than granite, and therefore more susceptible to stains. They require resealing, and are vulnerable to cracks and chipping.
- Soapstone Countertops ($50-$200) are usually dark grey with a one of a kind smooth feel. They require little to no maintenance and naturally retain heat. However, they may darken over time and are susceptible to chipping.
- Concrete Countertops ($75-$200) are best suited for areas that require an unusually shaped counter. They come in a variety of colors or tints and are heat and scratch resistant. They can be treated to eliminate cracking and sealed to prevent stains.
Let Express Help You Choose the Best Kitchen Countertop Materials for Your Lifestyle
If you’re still not certain which option is the best kitchen countertop material for your home, ask the professionals at Express Countertops. We’ll be happy to come to your home, discuss the features you’re looking for, and together find a material that works best for your lifestyle, your kitchen decor, and your budget.
All we do is sell and install counters, so you can be sure that you’ll be speaking with a specialist who has an expertise in kitchen countertop materials.
To continue your research on your own, click here to explore the kitchen countertops prices page.
Get Started Today
If you’re ready to start the selection process today, give us a call at 410-712-0601 or click here and receive your free countertop cost estimate.
There’s a reason why we’re named Express. When you choose us to replace kitchen countertops, we’ll make sure that your counter is installed in one week or less—GUARANTEED!
Return to the Express Countertops HOMEPAGE