Cambria Countertop FAQ’s
Frequently Asked Questions about Cambria
- What is Cambria?
- What is Cambria made of?
- Is Cambria a natural stone?
- Is Cambria fake or synthetic granite?
- Is there a binder or glue that holds Cambria together?
- What range of Cambria products are available?
- What are the unique benefits of Cambria?
- Do you offer a warranty? What does the warranty include?
- Does the warranty cover damage from heat?
- Does Cambria require care and maintenance?
- Is Cambria resistant to surface damage?
- Does Cambria withstand heat? Can I put a hot pan or pot on it?
- Is Cambria resistant to staining? Will Cambria stain?
- Is Cambria safe for food preparation?
- Does the color go all the way through the Cambria product?
- Are Cambria colors consistent?
- Is Cambria seamless? Will I see a seam?
What is Cambria?
A Cambria countertop is made of a natural quartz surfacing product. Cambria can be used for a wide variety of applications in your home. Some of these applications include: countertops, vanities, fireplace surrounds, wet bars, and showers among some other things. Cambria is non-porous and wont absorb food or even liquids. Best of all, Cambria is completely maintenance-free.
What Is A Cambria Countertop made of?
Cambria is a pure, natural quartz stone that comes directly from the earth. Quartz is known to be one of the world’s hardest and most common minerals. This gives Cambria the rare combination of unrivaled strength and unmatchable beauty.
Is A Cambria Countertop made from a natural stone?
Yes. Cambria is made from pure natural quartz and is mined straight from the earth.
Is Cambria a type of fake or synthetic granite?
Simply put, no. Cambria is a pure and natural quartz that is mined from the earth. Quartz is the unbelievably hard mineral that is able to give Cambria its superior strength. Comparably, granite stone is made up of only about 40% – 60% quartz.
Is there any type of binder or glue that holds a Cambria Countertop together?
Cambria is pure and natural quartz and contains a small amount of pigment as well as an epoxy resin. It does not contain any soft minerals like granite does. The unique production process results in a natural quartz product of stunning elegance and unrivaled strength.
What is the range of Cambria products available?
Cambria is a superb surface choice and can be used for a wide variety of purposes. Some of the most common uses include:
- Kitchen countertops
- Bathroom vanities
- Shower and tub surrounds
- Furniture tabletops
- Accent pieces
- Fireplace surrounds
- Desk tops
- Wet bar areas
- Window sills.
Cambria is available in thicknesses of 2cm or 3cm.
What are some of the unique benefits of a Cambria Countertop?
- BEAUTY – Cambria can be found in a plethora of beautiful designer colors. Cambria also features a Quarry Collection™ that shows off the natural beauty and variation seen in quarry cut stone.
- STRONG–Cambria possesses a diamond-like hardness and superior strength. It is so durable that even your finest and sharpest cutlery won’t damage it.
- CARE-FREE–There is no sealing required and no complicated maintenance involved with a Cambria Countertop. You just have to wash it with warm water… It’s that easy!
- FOOD SAFE – Cambria is non-porous and has been certified by National Sanitation Foundation International for food and splash zones in commercial kitchens, just like stainless steel.
- STAIN RESISTANT – Cambria will resist stains from fruit juices, food coloring, coffee, tea, wine, grape juice, nail polish and felt-tip markers.
- GUARANTEED – Cambria is the only producer of quartz in the United States. Cambria is covered by a 10-year limited warranty.
Do you offer a warranty? What does the warranty include?
A Cambria Countertop is covered by a 10-year residential limited warranty designed to protect against product defects. Cambria’s warranty will protect against manufacturing defects for up to ten (10) years following the date of purchase.
Does Cambria’s warranty cover damage caused by heat?
No it does not. We always recommend the use of a hot pad or a trivet when dealing with hot items.
Does Cambria require intensive care and maintenance?
No it does not. A Cambria countertop is incredibly maintenance free mainly due to to the fact that it is non-porous. You just simply wipe it with warm water to keep it clean.
Is Cambria resilient against surface damage?
Cambria is known to be structurally more resistant against surface damage than other types of stone. However, it should be noted that all stone is able to be damaged by excessive force or pressure.
Is Cambria able to withstand heat? Am I able to put a hot pot or pan directly on it?
All natural stone surfaces, including quartz, can be damaged by a sudden and rapid change in temperature. This can be especially true near the edges of the surface, as well as when involving direct or sustained heating of the surface’s top. A Cambria Countertop may not be able to withstand the transfer of direct heat from pots,pans and other cooking products such as electric frying pans,griddles, and even some crock-pots, roaster ovens or heat lamps. We always recommend using a hot pad or trivet whenever possible.
Is Cambria resistant against stains? Is it possible to stain a Cambria Countertop?
Cambria’s non-porous surface is extremely resistant against staining. Cambria has been tested against some of the toughest staining substances such as: fruit juices, liquid food coloring,tea, coffee, wine, nail polish and remover, soft drinks, and even felt-tip markers and still managed to emerge spotless. Cambria’s classic high gloss finish alongside its extremely low moisture absorption provides the material with an unrivaled resistance to staining as well as eliminates the need for any type of sealing. Its non-porous surface also vastly reduces the possibility of bacterial growth from food being absorbed into your countertop.
Is a Cambria Countertop safe to use for food preparation?
Yes, Cambria is a non-porous surface and it has been certified by the
Contact Us About Cambria Countertop Installation
If you would like more information about a Cambria Countertop or if you would like to contact us for any reason at all, we are available, most conveniently, via telephone at 410-712-0601. You can also choose to reach us by clicking on the estimate button we have placed above this article to request a free cost estimate. You could have your new countertops installed in 1 week – GUARANTEED!
Click here to return to our Products Page
Click here to return to our Expresscountertops.com Home Page